“To me the sea is a continual miracle.” –Walt Whitman
There’s nothing more beautiful, mysterious, or healing than the sea: we rely on it for food, salt, its ever-expanding discoveries. We immediately conjure romantic images of long walks on the beach, of Poseidon wielding his mighty triton, and of Homer describing the sea as “wine-dark” in “The Odyssey.” The sea is filled with secrets and is one of Mother Nature’s finest, most vast creations. Why else would Nabila K Cosmetics have fragrances (candles and diffusers) and apparel devoted to the ocean and its breathtaking storms?
Ocean Tempest (candles and diffusers) combines sweet floral, musky scents (with rose, honeysuckle, and amber) and, most of all, hints of divine driftwood and irresistible salty marine air. You’ll be transported to a sandy shore, aboard a yacht with the ocean breeze blowing through your hair, basking in the sun, and bathing in the sea.
“I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think that they will sing to me. I have seen them riding seaward on the waves combing the white hair of the waves blown back when the wind blows the water white and black. We have lingered in the chambers of the sea by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown till human voices wake us, and we drown.” -T.S. Eliot
One of the best things one can do for themselves (and it’s a brand new year) is a little self-care, detox from all the Holiday festivities and last year’s troubles. Give yourself a “seatox”! Don’t worry, I’ll walk you through it. The ocean has so much to offer for the sake of beauty and health. Go ahead, run a bath (filled with salts: the more, the better), light an Ocean Tempest candle, and add these elements into the mix as well:
- Salt: Sit and soak in a salt-filled tub until your fingertips prune and feel yourself heal. Your muscles will relax and any small cuts or abrasions will vanish. There’s no better medicine than salt from the Dead Sea. Don’t forget to lather up with Nabila K Cosmetics’ “White Horses” glycerin soap. There’s nothing quite as free or poetic as wild, untamed horses running along the beach.
- Seaweed (or kelp) has become a culinary treat for its health benefits. Did you know that it offers a significant amount of iodine and is important for a well-balanced diet? What are you waiting for…? Have a seaweed salad!
- Algae is fantastic for skin care. Used as a facial mask, it tones, evens, and hydrates your most sensitive skin. Did you know that it’s even been proven to minimize the appearance of cellulite?
- Green caviar or “sea grapes” are really not caviar at all but seaweed! These pearls are wonderful for the skin because they hydrate like none other.
- Mud: a mud bath at the Dead Sea is one of the best things you can do for your skin. Because it is filled with minerals (the richest on Earth), it is healing, soothing, and revitalizing. You can find masks and complete body scrubs made from Dead Sea mud online and take a trip without ever leaving the comfort of your home!
For more information on all-natural ocean-inspired products from Nabila K Cosmetics (including the Ocean Tempest candles, diffusers, a luxurious cashmere, and modal-blend scarf, Dead Sea bath salts, and the White Horses glycerin soap), visit Nabilak.com.