“At the dressing table, every woman has a chance to be an artist, and art, as Aristotle said, ‘completes what nature left unfinished.’” –Sophia Loren
We all need a little appearance pick-me-up now and then; it’s simply a part of life and good grooming, but we also want to avoid a lot of fuss, cost, and harmful chemicals. Here are some ideas for livening your lovely locks, treating your nails and toes so they look sensational in sandals—and bare on the beach and poolside—this summer, along with some makeup and skincare tips to try any time you need a little self-care.
- If you’re thinking about dying your hair, try to visit a salon that uses natural and organic products or purchase your own healthy hair color from your local drug store beauty aisle. There are lots of dyes to choose from that are loaded with silky conditioners and other supplements to actually help improve your hair, such as biotin, etc.
- Use a natural hair mask after shampooing to restore natural shine and body.
If you’re starting to turn grey and want to go au naturel, there are lots of ways to enhance a silver mane so that it looks chic and stylish. Try a special shampoo to really make your natural highlights pop.
- If you’re worried about touch-ups and want to keep your tresses colored, there are all sorts of hair powders you can use that don’t permanently dye your hair but are effective at covering that inch or two near the roots in between salon visits.
- Henna is a plant-based dye that is very popular. If you’re in the mood for a sexy red rinse, give it a try. Henna is also wonderful for decorating the skin with beautiful patterns; try it this summer if you’re looking for a bit of fun embellishment.
- To style your hair without using heat, try curlers or simply pin your mane overnight for soft, natural-looking waves.
If you’re looking for a good manicure or longer fingernails, you have several options, but the best for your nail health is to:
- Use dietary supplements, such as Biotin, to naturally promote nail growth.
- Try press-on nails rather than acrylic. These just pop on and off with glue so there’s no harsh grinding away of the natural fingernail. Do not force nails off; soak them thoroughly in Acetone until the false nail easily detaches on its own.
- Nail hardeners (applied exactly like a clear varnish) really work wonders if used regularly. Also, remember not to leave false fingernails on for longer than a week; moisture always inevitably gets underneath and can trap bacteria.
- Try new non-toxic nail polishes that lack harmful chemicals.
We all want long, lustrous eyelashes; that’s why mascara is a must-have beauty product! If you want to make sure your lashes are extra long and glamorous, try using your own strip of fake ones (or you can apply them individually). This is a much better choice than opting for long-lasting eyelash extensions, as these can sometimes be irritating and leave you with puffy, red eyelids. If you must have extensions, make sure you visit a trusted salon with a skilled technician who will make sure they’re applied properly (also, if you have very sensitive eyes and skin, this is probably not for you).
What do most women do when they want a little cosmetic treat? They usually go buy a new tube of lipstick. A new color can create a whole new look and attitude. The best way to go about trying on and purchasing any makeup is to make sure it’s free of harmful chemicals, parabens, and phthalates. This is what we call “clean” beauty. Try Nabila K’s new line of all natural beauty products! There’s everything you need for fresh, beautiful, and daring makeup transformations (including eye shadows, eyelashes, eyeliner, lipstick, lip gloss, and lip liner).
And the same goes for skincare! Nabila K has everything you need for clean, healthy, radiant skin. Whether you need a good beauty mask for a glowing new you, a gentle cleanser to wash away impurities, or a luxurious cream to restore soft, supple skin, Nabila K’s got you covered.
For more information, visit Nabilak.com