Ways Honey Can Up Your Beauty Game
Wanting to look your best is only natural but wanting to look your best without harsh chemicals or harmful ingredients is straight-up smart. That’s where honey comes in. Did you know it’s one of the oldest beauty treatments known to humankind? And that it is still used today in many parts of the world to soften skin, increase elasticity, reduce blemishes and fine lines, and create an effortless healthy glow?
True story. Honey is absolutely loaded with antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties, stripping impurities away from your body while leaving your natural oils in place. It’s a win-win … win. If you want in on the honey secret, here are just a few ways it can up your beauty game.
- Make Makeup Go Bye-Bye
While there’s nothing wrong with wearing makeup during the day, especially non-comedogenic products that use minerals and other natural ingredients, you should take it off as soon as possible using a gentle remover.
Luckily, honey can do that. Mix it with a carrier oil (such as jojoba or coconut), wipe it across the eyes, and smooth it around the face. Rub gently, then rinse with warm water. Voilà!
2. Care for Your Complexion
Your skin is precious. Not only is it your body’s largest organ, protecting you from tip to toes, but it also must work hard to block the many carcinogens and toxins pumped out all around you each and every day. It deserves your backing, and honey does the trick.
Here are a few ways you can care for your complexion with simple honey:
- Hydrate like a boss: Honey brings its moisturization game to every match, and nowhere is this truer than in our Manuka Honey Whip Face Cream. Using the magic of Manuka honey, made only in New Zealand and Australia by bees that pollinate the manuka tree, you can care for your skin in style. The whip is light, fast-absorbing, and free of harsh chemicals. The additions of aloe vera and shea butter make it even more hydrating, giving your skin a smooth, dewy glow.
- Balance pH and fight acne: Feel imbalanced? If you experience regular acne, blemishes, or irritation, your skin is crying out for ingredients it’s not getting from your regular skincare routine. Manuka Honey Renewal will take care of that. A deep hydration face oil, it balances pH and delivers a dose of vitamin F, firming and hydrating, clearing your complexion and balancing pH for long-term clear skin.
- Exfoliate and shine: No matter how healthy your skin is, it won’t look its best with a buildup of dead skin cells sitting on top of it. Gentle weekly exfoliation will take care of that problem in a hurry, but you have to find the right products. Some exfoliants are too rough, stripping and washing away your skin’s oils. This can leave your face even more prone to acne and irritation. Manuka Honey Face Polish takes care of that, with muscovado sugar and milk thistle in addition to pure New Zealand Manuka honey. Now you can scrub and rehydrate at the same time.
- Increase skin elasticity: Feeling a little saggy lately? That’s normal with age, but it doesn’t mean you have to let it go unchecked. Honey naturally firms skin, and research shows it also increases your body’s own collagen production, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Add in some hyaluronic acid peptide, and our Manuka honey serum is a shoo-in for daily de-wrinkler status.
- Restore skin’s natural oils: Your body produces its own oil, called sebum, that keeps skin fairly well-protected and balanced. However, that balance gets disrupted when you use cleansers, wear makeup, and simply walk outdoors, getting exposed to soot, smog, and other chemicals. Manuka honey face balm helps to fight that. With shea and cupuacu butters, it restores natural oil levels without clogging pores.
For the ultimate beauty results, combine the above five products into a daily routine. Before you know it, you’ll have the skin of your dreams. If you need an extra boost in between, simply mix a tablespoon of honey with a little bit of water, spread it on your face, and leave until it dries, then wash away for an extra daily glow.
3. Beautify Your Behind
As we age, the delicate derrière dermis starts to lose its smoothness and glow, darkening and becoming rough. If you’ve got that chicken-skin feel, you can combat it with honey!
Take a tablespoon between your fingers, wet with a little water, and gently massage it between and on the undersides of your cheeks. You’ll notice greater elasticity, firmer skin, and overall lightening, getting closer to the color and tone of the rest of your body. Perform this ritual for 15 minutes once a week and watch the results blossom.
4. Hype Your Hair
Lovely locks can also benefit from honey. It is a natural humectant and emollient, meaning it both moisturizes and smooths in one heady swoop. All on its own, honey makes a fantastic hair mask. Simply mix it with enough water to make it pliable, then smooth it through your strands, massaging gently into the scalp and pulling it all the way to the end. Leave in while you do some chores or stand under the shower’s steam for 20 minutes, then wash it away. You can follow up with your normal shampoo and conditioning routine.
Whatever you do, make sure to use Earth-friendly and skin-loving ingredients like our Manuka honey products. If you go the plain honey route, look for “raw” on the label since pasteurized and processed honey doesn’t bring the same benefits.
Now that you know the secret to natural beauty, what’s stopping you?