“On the secretly blushing cheek is reflected the glow of the heart.” –Kierkegaard
Glamour from the ’70s and ’80s is making a comeback in a big way (social media is absolutely filled with pages dedicated to beauty, glamour, and fashion of the ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s). People are nostalgic for the pre-internet days of Studio 54 nightlife, glitzy outfits, disco, and statement makeup. Think back to the uber fun, candy-colored photographs that made up all the glossy fashion magazines in the ’70s: from bright pink cheeks on all Guy Bourdin’s models to Lisa Taylor captured by Chris von Wangenheim, “maquillage de poupée” (doll makeup) is having a resurgence.
Rosy cheeks, however, never went out of style. Women have always when out of proper blush, pinched their cheeks, scrimped and saved for a pot of rouge, or even—quite a long time ago—used crushed berries to achieve a flirty, seductive look. Well, look no further for the perfect, clean blusher you can feel good about using. Nabila K has got you covered (literally) for all your high-fashion makeup needs and desires.
At First Blush
With shades ranging from dusty rose and golden sand to hot pink, Nabila K’s new line of blush covers every hue imaginable for every skin tone and mood. Deliciously light and shimmery or matte, Nabila K’s blush goes on effortlessly and, when applied to the apples of the cheeks or cheekbones, will turn any makeup look up a notch.
- For a party where you want to look extra done and glitzy, try Nabila K’s “Pumped Up” to accentuate your cheekbones, channel Melanie Griffith in “Body Double,” or even a Peter Sato painting. When you have nostalgia for the mall and maybe even some ’80s pop music, this product will bring back memories. You’ll instantly feel like Debbie Harry. For a harlequin or doll look, apply a circle of blush to the center of your cheeks.
- All you need to complete your look for date night is Nabila K’s “Bottoms Up” blush (that and a cocktail!).
- “Hot and Spicy” is the perfect sandy, nearly terracotta bronze for a touch of highlight, shine, and a healthy, sun-kissed glow. An essential product for any seductress.
- “Ruffles” is the go-to cosmetic for all our girly girls out there! For that à la mode look where you use a bit of blush on your nose (as if Jack Frost has been nipping at it), this is perfect. It’s subtle enough to use liberally and has just enough pop to really stand out.
- “Ladybug” is the cute, lightweight blush every woman needs to feel her best and most feminine.
- “Playful” is the ideal cosmetic for those fun-loving, flirtatious girlies out there looking to have a good time, and if you blush, it’s no big deal—no one will notice.
- To achieve an effortlessly sexy look, try Nabila K’s triple-milled fine powder blush in “Sultry.” With pigments that last all evening, your sensuality will, too.
- “Excessive” can be used as a bronzer and blush that will brighten your features and add a special glow to your overall appearance. Perfect for women with olive, tawny complexions!
- “Echo” is the blush you’ll want for every day, at the office, or simply running around town. With a matte finish, you’ll feel glamorous all day long.
- Feeling lucky? “Lucky 13,” with its frosted shine, is the deepest hue of all blushes and will make you feel as if kissed by a rose.
(Nabila K Blushes pictured above include: “Excessive,” “Pumped Up,” “Ruffles,” and “Lucky 13.”)
For more information on all the products mentioned in this blog, check out Nabila K’s website and the links listed below:
For more beauty tips and inspiration, read the blog.